Monday, June 28, 2010

The Government is Knocking on Our Bedroom Door

Government: knock knock!

Citizen: Did u just knocked?

Government: Nope. I just made a sound as if I was knocking.

Citizen: uh ok. So, is there anything wrong?

Government: well it depends.

Citizen: Depends on what?

Government: Depends on how much you've paid to me.

Citizen: I've paid my income tax. I always vote during election. Well, I've PAID my dues.

Government: nah.. I don't really care about that.

Citizen: So? Don't you think it's inappropriate to knock on someone's door at this hour. 2 am if you haven't noticed.

Government: Remember, I didn't knocked. I made a sound. Besides you opened the door. And last time I checked you've relinquished a part of your freedom.

Citizen: I did. So you will make sure that people don't knock on my door at 2 frickin am!

Government: Well, I'm no people. I'm made of words and promises that stretch.

Citizen: Still, it doesn't give you right to come intrude into my bedroom.

Government: Dude, I define right. You just happen to believe I define it for your own good.

Citizen: So why are you here again?

Government: oh nothing, boring discussions. another corruption case. I'm bored. So I want to know what u're doing. You know a little variation from daily routines.

Citizen: Ok that's it. I'm calling the cop.

Government: err.. did u forget that they worked for me.

Citizen: What? They're independent!

Government: nah.. I want you to believe they are.

Citizen: Then I'll sue. Class action. We'll meet in supreme court.

Government: oh... they're under my control as well. Sorry dude, reality bites.

Citizen: Grrr... I'm closing the door.

Government: oh.. not so fast. Are you sleeping alone?

Citizen: No. And that doesn't concern you.

Government: Girlfriend?

Citizen: Why does that even matter to you if I've been dating her for 3 years now?!?

Government: So just "girlfriend"?

Citizen: Yes! now scram!!

Government: Well sorry dude, I gotta let the cops arrest you.

Citizen: WHAT??!! I'm doing nothing wrong.

Government: Let me break it down for you. You're sleeping with illegitimate spouse, not even a spouse. It violates my law since you're doing adultery. And...

Citizen: I'm doing in in my own room! I didn't invite anyone or harm anyone with what I did. You don't even know her for God's sake.

Government: Hey, I allow you to trust God, but it doesn't mean that you can use His Name like that. I can mobilize my religious anarchist group to make you learn the lesson. I can just tell them you're doing blasphemy. And to continue my sentence that you cut.. you're doing an action, which I don't approve, in your room in my country's territory. So yes, you fall under my law.

Citizen: This is ridiculous!

Government: Ah! another violation: slander! You're so busted dude.

Citizen: I'm innocent!!

Government: Well I don't care. Enjoy your room, behind the bars.

Government: (oh my I can't wait for tomorrow's headline. I'm a hero.)