Saturday, December 26, 2009

My Best Buddies

Saturday, December 26, 2009 at 11:20 am

Here's the thing. I don't have many guy pals/male friends/boy friends (trying to avoid the ambiguity) or whatever they may be called. Don't ask me why, because I really don't know. Well, I know. I don't click with the stereotypical guys: those who's trying so hard to defend their masculinity, like football/basketball, etc. My boy pals are usually those who are not popular in school/campus, but you definitely know they are great guys. Let me put it this way, there are two kinds of guys who women date: the guy who take you out and the guys who hold you hand. My boy pals are usually the second type.

Talking about my boy pal, I got reminded of my two dear friends: Sam and Yehuda. I talked to Sam this morning when he called me to say Happy Birthday (kinda 6 days late, Sam. Thx Anyway ^^). Yehuda also texted me this morning reminding me of our get-together on Wednesday. It's been a while since we met, and I do miss them (not in a gayish way).

Sam used to be my roommate in college. After 3 years together, he moved out not long before he graduated his diploma-3 program. We've known each other since high school, sat next to each other in school even during the entrance exam. At the 2nd year of college, Sam and I moved to a new place and there we met Yehuda. I remember the 1st time he knocked at our door and gave a warm welcome to the place. Yeah, he was sort of the gank leader in the place hehehe...

These two guys are the best guy pals I've had. They're mature, smart, and fun. The world doesn't produce that kind of guys anymore, so it was a privilege for me to know them. I can't forget the night chat we usually had. We talked about everything. When they found out about me (?? hehe..) they're very open and completely cool about it.

The hardest thing was when I had to part with them, when they had to move out. First Sam, then a year from that, Yehuda. It was really hard seeing them left and not having to see them regularly. When Sam left, I felt like being pushed to face reality. As if his leaving forced me to grow up. Apparently, sam leaving is just a beginning. Then Yehuda left. Man that was hard. I had to leave my comfort zone. When I had trouble and I need to talk to them, I found them... not there. I got so used to them because they're simply great people who listen to my stories and gives good advice. It was so comfortable for me. Again, it was hard after they left.

So, Sam and Yehuda, you guys know how much you mean to me (ok.. that sounds quite weird) and thank you for forcing me to grow up. Can hardly wait to meet you on Wednesday.

ps: I'll try to get a picture of the three of us on Wednesday.