Friday, December 25, 2009

Listening to Time


Time talks. It speaks more plainly than words. The message it conveys come through loud and clear. (E.T. Hall)

I was in a middle of a lecture class when I read this quote. As soon as my eyes catched these symbols and my brain managed to process them, I felt as if I'm sucked into a different dimension where I'm still here in the class, but I don't know why I'm here and where should I be.

By then, my mind was juggling. Balls of thoughts and memories were tossed up and down, side to side, all across each corner of my head. Among those balls, there was this medium-sized-salient-colored-ball that kept on bumping on the ceiling of my head and it fell down under until it hit my chest. The ball speaks out a name, a name that shouldn't be mentioned because... yes, It hurts… a lot…

I still can't forget what happened on December 25th 2008... One of the saddest night of my life. At that night, there was a pause... a silent moment where I could feel the time stopped. It stood still and whispered fear, hope, happiness and compassion. It did talked, reminisce the bliss I had and the ones that's yet to come.

As I write this note... I don't hear the clock ticking, but I feel the rush of time streaming through my skin. Its swift movement casts anxiety and less hope. I don't understand the language which time uses. I can't predict it too. Not enough morfology's/syntax's/semantic's/pragmatic's theory I can use to analyze any of the language because it doesn't speak with either words or symbol. It speaks with its own way. Neither good tiding or tragedy does it communicate. But when the time is right, it will talk right away, loud and clear.

-LSy-